Welcome to the Waitemata Allergy Clinic, based in Shea Terrace Takapuna.
We specialise in allergy diagnosis and management. We aim to provide friendly and professional service.
Our team consists of Dr Andy Baker and Simone Stephens. Andy is a qualified specialist immunologist (allergy specialist doctor) certified by the Royal Australasian College of Physicians and the New Zealand Medical Council. Simone is a registered nurse and Immunology nurse specialist.
We offer consultation, testing, diagnosis, advice, explanation, treatment and follow-up, for the following:
- Hay fever (including desensitisation)
- Wheezing, cough
- Running nose
- Sinus problems, sinusitis
- Itchy/watery eyes
- Medication allergy
- Immune deficiency
- Food allergy
- Bee/wasp allergy (diagnosis and action plan – we refer to ADHB for consideration of desensitisation)
- Itchy skin
- Angioedema (swelling lips, tongue, eyes)
- Aspirin and anti-inflammatory allergy
Some procedures we offer:
- Hayfever desensitisation (the best longterm treatment
- Skin testing
- Food allergy testing
- Medication allergy testing
- Aspirin desensitisation
- Adrenalin autoinjector education
- Allergy Action plans